Archive for August, 2011

The Epidemic Known as Domestic Violence Post 1

Posted in Abuse on August 25th, 2011 by Lance

Domestic violence is an epidemic that is sweeping the nation and can include any or all of the following types of abuse by a parent, child, spouse or lover.

One type of domestic abuse involves hurtful physical acts that include pinching, slapping, beating, kicking, punching, pulling of the hair and the actual use of weapons. These weapons can include but are not limited to knives, guns, belts, bats, vehicles, cigarettes or lighters, curling irons, hammers, tire irons or gardening tools. Read more »

A Safer Cigarette Does Not Equal a Safe Cigarette

Posted in Online Pharmacies on August 25th, 2011 by Lance

Choosing not to smoke cigarettes is obviously a healthier decision than choosing to smoke cigarettes. But if you can’t quite kick the habit, is smoking “safer” cigarettes a step toward cessation? At the 11th World Conference on Tobacco and Health, held Aug. 6 to 11, tobacco control advocates voiced concern that the availability of safer cigarettes might hinder efforts to reduce and prevent smoking.

Read more »

Communication It’s Everything Post 2

Posted in Communication on August 17th, 2011 by Lance

It is too easy for us, who know how homeopathy works in cure, to forget that many others haven’t a clue about this process; we have to cultivate the environment to educate them properly and up front. Melissa Weaver’s article is an excellent illustration of how not to do this. This is the way we lose patients, and many times we lose them from further homeopathic treatment, too. Read more »

CRTC Clued out when it comes to the info highway

Posted in Communication on August 10th, 2011 by Lance

In late May, I gave the opening keynote address to a conference, sponsored by the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA), concerning use of the Internet within the health care industry. In my remarks, I provided a real, practical overview of the role that the Internet is already playing in health care services today _ for example, by providing patients with access to support networks, and by permitting the exchange of leading edge medical research amongst medical professionals.

Read more »

Communication It’s everything Post 1

Posted in Beauty on August 8th, 2011 by Lance

We often don’t realize how much we rely on speech, and even fewer of us understand the impact and power of nonverbal communication. Somewhere, a long time ago, I read that only 30% of our communication with one another is verbal ? talking to each other ? and the rest, a whopping 70%, is nonverbal! Read more »

Dosage and Directions Post 2

Posted in Conditions and Diseases on August 1st, 2011 by Lance

When administering with the cap. TOUCHING THE INSIDE OF THE CAP with your fingers or lips the Homeopathic remedy and alter its effectiveness. STRONG ODORS such as menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, tiger balm, lip balm, deep heat linaments. cough lozenges, moth balls, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes, and incense may alter the effectiveness of Homeopathic Remedies. The average medicine cabinet or purse with perfume or hairspray in it are NOT the ideal storage areas. It is best not to open the remedy bottle if you can smell anything in the surrounding environment. Read more »